Initiative - Just Good Advice
The world bestows its big prizes, both in money and
in honors, for but one thing. And that is Initiative.
What is Initiative?
I’ll tell you: it is doing the right thing without being
But next to doing the thing without being told is to do
it when you are told once. That is to say, carry the
Message to Garcia: those who can carry a message get
high honors, but their pay is not always in proportion.
Next, there are those who never do a thing until they
are told twice; such get no honors and small pay.
Next, there are those who do the right thing only
when necessity kicks them from behind, and these get
indifference instead of honors, and a pittance for pay.
This kind spends most of its time polishing a bench
with a hard-luck story.
Then, still lower down in the scale than this, we have
fellow who will not do the right thing even when
some one goes along to show him how and stays to
see that he does it; he is always out of job, and receives
the contempt he deserves, unless he happens to have a
rich Pa, in which case Destiny patiently awaits around
a corner with a stuffed club.
To which class do you belong?
- Alan and Pam Lambert, El Paso Texas
- Jaime and Sheila Dulac, El Paso, TX
- Margaret Spears
- Todd Fronce, El Paso, Texas
- Berna King
- Julian and Theresa Dominguez
- Ina Lou Varenkamp, El Paso, Texas
- Josue and Lee Ann Valerio
- Patricia Lloyd, El Paso, Texas
- Gary and Kim Casey, El Paso, Texas
- Roger and Trish Hiduk, El Paso, Texas
- Joe and Ruth Dominguez, El Paso, Texas
- Richard Gallegos and Nancy Macias